Eligibility for Free School Meals
All pupils in Reception, Year One or Year Two in Primary Schools are entitled to Free School Meals.
If you child is in Year 3 or above, you must be in receipt of any of the benefits below to claim Free School Meals
* Universal Credit with a household income of less than £7,400 a year
(after tax and not including any benefits you get)
* Income-Based Jobseekers' Allowance
* Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance
* Child Tax Credit, not entitled to Working Tax Credit and household income less than £16,190
* Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
* Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
* Income Support
* Working Tax Credit 'run on'
(the payment you receive for a further four weeks after you finish work)
Free school meals cannot be granted on a discretionary basis. You must also live in Lancashire.
To apply for Free School Meals online, please click on the link below to register:
Apply by phone
To apply by phone, contact the Area Education Office 01772 532 109. If you provide them with your name, date of birth and National Insurance number they can immediately check your entitlement via the DFE Electronic free school meals checking service.
Apply by application form
Alternatively, you can complete an application form below. This can be dropped off at the school office and we can post it for you, if needed.
Click here for more information.